Trek Gorilla Safaris connects discerning travelers with top best travel agents who compete to customize your luxury trips. You get:
- Quality service at best value
- Authentic travel experiences
- Expert destination advice
3 Day Congo Mountain Gorilla Trek and Lake Kivu
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali, Kigali City tour and transfer to Goma
- Day 2: Mountain Gorilla tracking in Virunga National Park
- Day 3: Boat cruise on Lake Kivu and transfer to Kigali
Detailed safari itenaries
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali, Kigali City tour and transfer to Goma
Upon arrival, you will be met by our guide who will take you for a Kigali City tour. You will visit the Genocide memorial site, the National museum and later transfer to Goma via Goma boarder. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge of booking.
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla tracking in Virunga National Park
After an early breakfast depart for Parc National des Virunga and on to the starting point of your gorilla tracking experience. After completing our park formalities, we embark on a once in a life time experience of tracking mountain gorillas. These massive primates are extremely rare, with less than 880 living today. You will get within meters of the family, and be privileged to spend an hour amongst them. After the gorilla tracking activity in Virunga, we cross to Rwanda. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge of booking.
Day 3: Boat cruise on Lake Kivu and transfer to Kigali
You will, after breakfast transfer to Lake Kivu for a boat cruise. Expect to see water animals such as crocodiles and hippos as well as birds endemic to this region. You will meet the fishermen who will explain to you how they go about their trade and allow you to participate in the fishing. Later you will transfer to Kigali to catch up with your flight back home.
With Trek Gorilla Safaris, You can chose a package that will enable you to track chimps. Inquire now and know more.
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Discovery Tour
- 10 Day Rwanda – Uganda Magical Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 12 Day Best of Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Primates & Wildlife Tour in Rwanda – Uganda
- 13 Day Uganda – Rwanda Discovery Tour
- 19 Day Best of Uganda-Rwanda Safari
- 19 Days Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 22 Day Uganda – Rwanda Great Adventure Tour
The safari package includes:
- Transportation by 4 WD safari van
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- English speaking driver/guide
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Gorilla tracking permit
- Drinking water all through the tour
The safari package excludes air ticket, personal travel insurance, visa fees, drinks, cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and any other items of a personal nature.
BEST TIME TO GO
Gorilla Viewing: Gorilla trekking can take place at any time of year with April/May and November being wetter. However, be aware that rain occurs all year round. For general game viewing safaris, the best time to go is during the dry season (between June and September).