Trek Gorilla Safaris connects discerning travelers with top best travel agents who compete to customize your luxury trips. You get:
- Quality service at best value
- Authentic travel experiences
- Expert destination advice
4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Kivu Tour
(Kigali – Volcanoes – Kivu – Kigali)
- Gorilla trekking is a top highlight on the 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Kivu Tour; The thrill and awesome sensation of looking into the eyes of the world’s largest living primates (mountain gorillas) in their natural habitat.
- Enjoying the dramatic landscape of the Virunga Mountains by climbing the thrilling Karisimbi and Bisoke volcanoes and touring the beautiful crater lakes and caves in the Volcanoes National Park
- Watching unique fishing boats plying the water and encountering interesting villages as well as amazing birdlife set amongst true peace and tranquility.
- Enjoying water sports, island excursions, bird watching, and hiking at Lake Kivu all in peace and tranquility as you discover one of Rwanda’s hot tourist spots.
- Experiencing the dynamics of bargaining when buying items in one of the country’s shopping spots (Kimironko market) as you shop for your souvenirs.
Day 1: Travel to Parc Nationale Des Volcanoes
You will have an early breakfast and drive to Parc Nationale des Volcanoes. You will check in at the lodge of your booking for lunch and spend the rest of the day sightseeing and relaxing around the hotel till dinner time.
Up-market: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge or Gorillas Nest Lodge
Midrange: La Palme Hotel / Volcanoes Gorilla Lodge
Budget: Kinigi Guest House / Muhavura Lodge
Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Gorilla tracking
You will have an early breakfast and report at the Park Headquarters for a briefing on the Gorilla trekking guidelines. You will be allocated a Gorilla family to track and guides to lead you to the Gorillas. The tracking will take 2-5 hours. Once found, you will spend a maximum of one hour observing the gorillas in their natural setting. After the tracking you will relocate to the town of Gisenyi on the Shores of the beautiful Lake Kivu. You will have dinner and overnight at the hotel reserved for you in Gisenyi.
Up-market: Serena Lake Kivu Hotel
Midrange: Lake Kivu Gorilla Hotel
Budget: Paradise Malahide
Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 3: Relaxing at Lake Kivu
The third day of the 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Kivu Tour is a relaxing and vacationing day. In the morning you will have a canoe ride to explore the Island of ‘Napoleon’s Hat’ and continue with the same boat to enjoy the breathtaking views of Congo’s Nyiragongo Volcano. Alternatively you may decide to spend the day swimming and relaxing at the beach. You will later drive to Kigali arriving in the evening.
Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 4: Kigali city excursion and departure
You will have an early breakfast after which you will set off for Kigali City excursion. You will visit the Genocide memorial site, the colourful markets and the craft centres. You will be returned to your hotel for lunch after which you will be transferred to the Airport for your departure flight.
That marks the end of the 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Kivu Tour. Safe journey home.
Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
END OF SAFARI!
The safari package includes:
- Transportation by 4 WD vehicle
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking driver/guide
- Meals as per the Itinerary
- Park entrance fees
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Lake Kivu visit
- Kigali City Tour fees
The safari package excludes air ticket, personal travel insurance, visa fees, drinks, cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and any other items of a personal nature.
BEST TIME TO GO
Gorilla Viewing: Gorilla trekking can take place at any time of year with April/May and November being wetter. However, be aware that rain occurs all year round. For general game viewing safaris, the best time to go is during the dry season (between June and September).
Popular Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Packages
- 3 Day Rwanda Gorilla Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Cultural Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Special
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Safari
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 6 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 7 Day Best of Rwanda Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 7 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trek & Wildlife Tour
- 11 Day Rwanda Special Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 20 Day Rwanda Complete Tour
Uganda – Rwanda Combined Tour Packages
- 4 Day Rwanda-Uganda Gorillas Tour
- 5 Day Rwanda-Uganda Gorilla Special
- 5 Day Amazing Rwanda – Uganda Gorilla Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda – Uganda Highlights Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Discovery Tour
- 10 Day Rwanda – Uganda Magical Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Amazing Tour
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 12 Day Best of Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Rwanda Uganda Best Tour
- 12 Day Primates & Wildlife Tour in Rwanda – Uganda
- 13 Day Uganda – Rwanda Discovery Tour
- 19 Day Best of Uganda-Rwanda Safari
- 21 Days Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 19 Day Uganda – Rwanda Great Adventure Tour