Trek Gorilla Safaris connects discerning travelers with top best travel agents who compete to customize your luxury trips. You get:
- Quality service at best value
- Authentic travel experiences
- Expert destination advice
4 Day Uganda Chimps Special Tour
Tour Route: Kampala – Kibale – Kampala
The 4 Day Uganda Chimps Tour takes you to meet with our coolest cousins, the habituated chimpanzees in the dense tropical rainforest of Kibale national park just outside Fort Portal, within which dwell enormous numbers of primates. If you cant afford the lavish cost of mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi, then this Uganda safari tour is your first choice.
Kibale National park, which averages about 3,300 feet in elevation, is an extension of the great rainforests of central Africa. It is inhabited by three large “communities” of chimps, each numbering more than 100 individuals. Each community has a complicated social structure. The big adult males dominate the group and defend the community territory against incursions by male outsiders; the females usually wander in small family groups. A Uganda chimps tracking guide locates the chimpanzees by listening for their pant-hooting calls, then hustle to the area from which they are calling. You get to observe them as they feed in fruiting trees, lounge, and socialize with each other, or even, occasionally hunt.
Kibale National Park stands in the west of Uganda in the shadows of Rwenzori Mountains dubbed the legendary mountains of the moon. It features a varied tract and lovely tropical forest that date back to the prehistoric era supporting a range of flora, fauna and birds that have made it an ideal destination for travelers on safaris in Uganda. This famous Uganda safaris destination features 70 species of mammals, 13 primate Species including our main attraction, the chimpanzees, the 375 bird species with one endemic species the ground thrush. The forest also supports 351 tree species some of which are about 55m in height and about 200 years old.
This safari is a ready to go safari, can leave any day with any number of travellers and can be tailor made to fit your short holiday plans. Remember, accommodation, 4×4 safari transport, meals and the chimpanzee permit (USD $150) are all included in the Uganda chimps tracking safari package price.
- Watching at close range the wild but habituated chimpanzees, other primates and birds in their natural environment
- A visit to the Kyambura gorge known for its picturesque view and wild chimpanzees
- An opportunity to explore the beautiful crater lakes surrounded by gentle hills with stunning scenic views
- A guided nature walk in the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary for birding and primate viewing
- Sightings of the green carpets of tea plantations and long horned cattle
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You will be met at the airport by our Uganda chimps safari guide who will transfer you to the hotel reserved for you in Kampala. Dinner and overnight will be at this hotel.
Day 2: Travel to Kibale Forest National Park
You will depart Kampala after breakfast and head westwards to Fort Portal town. The drive will take about 4 – 5 hours. You will have lunch in Fort Portal and continue to Kibale where you will go for either a community walk or visit the beautiful Crater lakes region for a spectacular view.
Dinner and overnight will be at your reserved lodge.
Day 3: Uganda Chimps tracking and nature walk in Kibale forest
After breakfast you will report at the Kanyanchu Tourist Centre at 08.00 am for a briefing before tracking the Uganda chimps. The park is only accessible on foot and the walk will provide you with the opportunity to also see a variety of other primates and animals as well as birds, and a variety of butterflies, and other insects. You will return to the lodge for lunch and in the afternoon go for a nature walk in the Bigodi Wetland to see a variety of birds and monkey species. You will have dinner and overnight at your lodge.
Day 4: Cultural tour and return to Kampala
You will have the option to either visit the Karambi tombs (burial sites for the former Toro kings and other royals or visit the Toro Palace for a cultural experience. You will have lunch in Fort Portal and set off for Kampala arriving in the evening.
With Trek Gorilla Safaris, You can chose a package that will enable you to track chimps. Inquire now and know more.
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Discovery Tour
- 10 Day Rwanda – Uganda Magical Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 12 Day Best of Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Primates & Wildlife Tour in Rwanda – Uganda
- 13 Day Uganda – Rwanda Discovery Tour
- 19 Day Best of Uganda-Rwanda Safari
- 19 Days Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 22 Day Uganda – Rwanda Great Adventure Tour
END OF SAFARI!
The safari package includes:
- Transportation by a 4 x 4 station wagon
- Full board accommodation as per the above itinerary
- Park entrance fees
- Chimp tracking permit
- English speaking driver/guide
- En-route Meals
The safari package excludes air ticket, personal travel insurance, visa fees, drinks, cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and any other items of a personal nature.
BEST TIME TO GO
Gorilla Viewing: Gorilla trekking can take place at any time of year with April/May and November being wetter. However, be aware that rain occurs all year round. For general game viewing safaris, the best time to go is during the dry season (between June and September).
SAFARIS & TOUR ROUTES
Rwanda Gorilla Tours
- 3 Day Rwanda Gorilla Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Cultural Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Special
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Kivu Tour
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Safari
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 6 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 7 Day Best of Rwanda Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 7 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trek & Wildlife Tour
- 11 Day Rwanda Special Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 20 Day Rwanda Complete Tour
Uganda Safari Tours
- 3 Day Kibale Chimps Tour
- 3 Day Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 4 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Private Tour
- 4 Day Gorilla Trekking & Bunyonyi Safari
- 6 Day Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Safari
- 5 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 5 Day Chimps & Wildlife Safari
- 5 Day Murchison Falls & Source of the Nile
- 6 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Tour
- 7 Day Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 6 Day Primates Tour & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Highlights of Uganda Tour
- 8 Day Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Gorilla Tracking & Wildlife Safari
- 9 Day Primates – Wildlife – Source of the Nile
- 9 Day Uganda Highlights
- 9 Day Best of Uganda Safari
- 10 Day Incredible Uganda Tour
- 10 Day Mt Rwenzori Expedition – Central Circuit
- 10 Day Mt Rwenzori Expedition (Margherita)
- 11 Day Uganda Special
- 11 Day Uganda Complete Tour
- 12 Day Heart of Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 13 Day Uganda Exclusive Safari
- 14 Day Uganda Total
- 16 Day Incredible Uganda Tour
- 17 Day Best of Uganda