Trek Gorilla Safaris connects discerning travelers with top best travel agents who compete to customize your luxury trips. You get:
- Quality service at best value
- Authentic travel experiences
- Expert destination advice
5 Day Kibale Chimps & Wildlife Safari
Safari Route: Kampala – Kibale – Queen – Mburo – Kampala
This 5 Day Kibale Chimps & Wildlife Safari is a great alternative to Gorilla trekking in Bwindi if you cannot afford the hefty price of a gorilla permit ($600) while a chimpanzee permit is a mere $150. This Uganda safari route takes you chimpanzee tracking in Kibale and later enjoy a savannah wildlife game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park
This amazing safari is tailor made, can leave any day with any number of people and can be a private Africa safari. Contact one of our safari experts to help you plan. Remember the chimp permit, accommodation and transport are included in the itinerary price.
- The thrill of tracking the wild but habituated chimpanzees and other primates in their natural environment
- A guided nature walk in the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary for birding and primate viewing
- An opportunity to explore the beautiful crater lakes surrounded by gentle hills and stunning views
- Sightings of the carpets of green tea plantations and long horned cattle
- Enjoying game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park and a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel.
- The thrill of a game-walking safari and canoe ride at Lake Mburo National Park
- An opportunity to stand in two hemispheres at the Equator for memorable photos.
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
Day 2: Travel to Kibale Forest National Park
This day you will be transferred to the primate’s capital of the world (Kibale forest National Park) for your Kibale chimps tracking experience. You will pass via Kampala and proceed, passing beautiful hills and landscape along the road as well as the local people. You will have a stopover for your lunch at fort portal town before proceeding for a check in at Lodge. Later in the evening, you will decline for dinner and an overnight stay at Kibale Forest Camp.
Day 3: Kibale Chimps tracking
You will have an early morning breakfast at the lodge and meet your Kibale chimps safari guide who will be ready to transfer you to the tourist briefing area at Kanyanchu. Here you will be briefed on the chimpanzee tracking process and later on head into the forest in search for these chimps. Along the way, you are more likely to meet other different animal and bird species.
In the afternoon, you will continue to Tinka’s homestead where you will be served an African lunch cuisine before proceeding for an evening swamp walk at the Wetlands in Bigodi sanctuary. Here you are most likely to encounter different bird species that may include the rare papyrus Gonolek. Different primate species such as black and white colobus monkeys, red tailed monkeys, vervet monkeys may also be seen here. You will return for dinner and an overnight stay at Kibale Forest Camp.
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
After early breakfast, check out and travel to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Check in at your accommodation to refresh and have lunch. Later transfer to the Kazinga Channel for a boat ride. Enjoy an array of wildlife and birds lining the banks the channel, including Hippos, Buffaloes, Elephants, Antelops, Monitor Lizards, etc… Return and transfer to your accommodation, Mweya Safari Lodge, for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Game drive in Queen Elizabeth and boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
Early an breakfast, check out of the accommodation, and head out for the early morning game drive to catch the nocturnals and hunters. Drive to the southern sector of the park called Ishasha, popular for the Tree-climbing Lions and lots of big game including large herds of Elephants and Buffaloes, Kobs, Topis, Waterbucks, Leopards, Hyenas and wonderful scenery. The game lasts approximately 3 hours.
After lunch you will head to the Kazinga Channel for an exciting boat cruise on the channel. You will enjoy an array of wildlife and birds lining the banks the channel, including hippo, buffalo, elephant, antelope, and monitor lizard. After the cruise you will return and to Lodge for dinner and your overnight stay.
Day 5: Queen Elizabeth National Park – Kampala
Rise and shine the Kibale chimps safari continues early, a cup of coffee/tea as you travel to the Kasenyi sector of the park for a sunrise game drive. At this time of day you will be able to see the nocturnal animals and big game including large herds of elephant and buffalo, kob, topi, waterbuck, leopard, and hyena. After the game drive you will return to the lodge for breakfast.
After breakfast you will check-out and begin your journey back to Kampala. You will stop for lunch and point for some photo moments in Mbarara, at the Equator.
Your journey will then continue back to Kampala where you will be dropped-off at your hotel or at the Entebbe International Airport for your flight home. This is where your Kibale chimps safari route will end.
With Trek Gorilla Safaris, You can chose a package that will enable you to track chimps. Inquire now and know more.
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Discovery Tour
- 10 Day Rwanda – Uganda Magical Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 12 Day Best of Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Primates & Wildlife Tour in Rwanda – Uganda
- 13 Day Uganda – Rwanda Discovery Tour
- 19 Day Best of Uganda-Rwanda Safari
- 19 Days Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 22 Day Uganda – Rwanda Great Adventure Tour
Check these packages too tailored to offer you the best chimp tracking experience;
- 12 Day Uganda Rwanda African Group Tour
- Group Tours in December
- 18 Day Animated Gorillas Wildlife Safaris
- 4 Days Gorilla Tracking Bwindi Chimps Kibale
- 6 days Chimps Trek and Gorilla Tracking at Queen Elizabeth
- 13 Day Uganda Safari, Gorillas, Monkeys, Chimps and Wildlife
END OF SAFARI!
The safari package includes:
- Transportation by a 4 x 4 station wagon
- Kibale Chimps permit
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
- Safari park fees
- Boat cruise fees along the Kazinga channel
- Game drive
- English speaking driver/guide
- Enroute Meals
The safari package excludes air ticket, personal travel insurance, visa fees, drinks, cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and any other items of a personal nature.
BEST TIME TO GO
Gorilla Viewing: Gorilla trekking can take place at any time of year with April/May and November being wetter. However, be aware that rain occurs all year round. For general game viewing safaris, the best time to go is during the dry season (between June and September).
SAFARIS & TOUR ROUTES
Rwanda Gorilla Tours
- 3 Day Rwanda Gorilla Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Cultural Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Special
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Kivu Tour
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Safari
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 6 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 7 Day Best of Rwanda Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 7 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trek & Wildlife Tour
- 11 Day Rwanda Special Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 20 Day Rwanda Complete Tour
Uganda Safari Tours
- 3 Day Kibale Chimpanzee Tracking Safari
- 3 Day Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 4 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Private Tour
- 4 Day Gorilla Trekking & Bunyonyi Safari
- 4 Day Uganda Chimps Special
- 6 Day Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Safari
- 5 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 5 Day Chimps & Wildlife Safari
- 5 Day Murchison Falls & Source of the Nile
- 6 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Tour
- 7 Day Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 6 Day Primates Tour & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Highlights of Uganda Tour
- 8 Day Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Gorilla Tracking & Wildlife Safari
- 9 Day Primates – Wildlife – Source of the Nile
- 9 Day Uganda Highlights
- 9 Day Best of Uganda Safari
- 10 Day Incredible Uganda Tour
- 10 Day Mt Rwenzori Expedition – Central Circuit
- 10 Day Mt Rwenzori Expedition (Margherita)
- 11 Day Uganda Special
- 11 Day Uganda Complete Tour
- 12 Day Heart of Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 13 Day Uganda Exclusive Safari
- 14 Day Uganda Total
- 16 Day Incredible Uganda Tour
- 17 Day Best of Uganda