Trek Gorilla Safaris connects discerning travelers with top best travel agents who compete to customize your luxury trips. You get:
- Quality service at best value
- Authentic travel experiences
- Expert destination advice
5 Day Murchison Falls & Source of the Nile Adventure
Safari Route: Kampala – Murchison – Jinja – Kampala
Follow the mighty Nile river on the 5 Day Murchison Falls & Source of the Nile safari route and visit the ‘big five‘ wildlife safari game, a bucket list African safari adventure. This Uganda safari route follows the Nile river downwards from Murchion Falls scenic view and Wildlife action to the source of the Nile in Jinja, where you’ll loosen up with a bungee jump, whitewater rafting or horseback ride.
This safari route can be fitted to you plans, leaves any time of the year, all accommodation, meals and game park fees are taken care of. The safari can be private or with any number of people. Start Planning now!
- A visit to the magnificent Murchison Falls renowned for its scenic beauty and the spectacular falls
- Enjoying a game drive and a boat cruise along the Nile River
- Being tantalized by the squeezing of the Nile River into a 7 meter gorge before tumbling 40 meters down in a thunderous explosion
- Sightseeing of the unique geographical gifting along the Albertine Rift Valley, with breathtaking scenic allure, and landscapes
- A visit to the source of the Nile River at Jinja to see the spot where the Mighty River Nile begins its 6,700 Km journey through Sudan and Egypt into the Mediterranean Sea.
- An opportunity to indulge in water sports such as white water rafting and kayaking at the world famous Bujagali & Itanda Falls along the Nile River as well as bungee jumping at the Source of the Nile
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You will be met at the airport by our Murchison Falls & Source of the nile safari guide who will transfer you to the hotel reserved for you in Kampala. Dinner and overnight will be at this hotel.
You may also like 12 Day Primates & Wildlife Tour in Rwanda – Uganda
Day 2: Travel to Murchison Falls National Park
You will have an early breakfast and be driven to the Murchison Falls National Park through Masindi town. Along the way you will visit the Ziwa Rhino sanctuary where you will have a guided nature walk to track the Rhinos. You will proceed to Masindi town where you will have your lunch after which you will enter the Park via the Kichumbanyobo gate and visit the Top of the falls, the spot from which the park gets its name. At the top of the waterfalls, you will observe the River Nile squeezing itself in a 7 meter gorge before tumbling 40 meters down in a thunderous explosion and then flows down into a very peaceful river whose water banks are swarmed with a profusion of water and land animals as well as birds. You will have dinner and overnight at the lodge reserved for you.
Day 3: Game drive and boat launch
In the morning you will have breakfast before going for a game drive in the Murchison Falls park’s Northern area to see the big 5 including Buffaloes, Lions, Elephants, and if fortunate even see a Leopard. Other animals you will see include: Rothschild giraffes, Bushbucks, Warthogs, Waterbuck, plus a great diversity of other Antelopes in large numbers.
At lunchtime you will return to the lodge and later in the afternoon go for the thrilling launch cruise down the Nile. You will sail close to the bottom of the falls and on this cruise you will see various birds, numerous hippos and giant crocodiles plus some other animals grazing close to the banks. If fortunate, you may see the uncommon shoe bill stork plus various other bird species within this area.
You will return to your Murchison Falls & Source of the Nile Adventure booked lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Transfer to Jinja
You will after breakfast, set off the Murchison Falls safari route for Jinja to visit the source of the Nile, Africa’s longest river. You will arrive in the early evening and relax at your lodge until dinner time and overnight.
Day 5: Boat cruise and water rafting in Jinja and transfer to Kampala
You will after breakfast have a brief drive through this historical town after which you will visit the source of the Nile and explore it by boat. You will then spend the rest of the day rafting until late afternoon will you will relocate back to your hotel in Kampala or to the Airport for your departure flight.
With Trek Gorilla Safaris, You can chose a package that will enable you to track chimps. Inquire now and know more.
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Discovery Tour
- 10 Day Rwanda – Uganda Magical Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 12 Day Best of Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Primates & Wildlife Tour in Rwanda – Uganda
- 13 Day Uganda – Rwanda Discovery Tour
- 19 Day Best of Uganda-Rwanda Safari
- 19 Days Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 22 Day Uganda – Rwanda Great Adventure Tour
Check these packages too tailored to offer you the best chimp tracking experience;
- 12 Day Uganda Rwanda African Group Tour
- Group Tours in December
- 18 Day Animated Gorillas Wildlife Safaris
- 4 Days Gorilla Tracking Bwindi Chimps Kibale
- 6 days Chimps Trek and Gorilla Tracking at Queen Elizabeth
- 13 Day Uganda Safari, Gorillas, Monkeys, Chimps and Wildlife
END OF SAFARI!
The safari package includes:
- Transportation by a 4 x 4 station wagon
- Gorilla permit
- Igongo Cultural visit
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
- Two Game drives
- Boat cruise fees along the Kazinga channel
- Guided primate walk along Kyambura gorge
- Park fees
- English speaking driver/guide
- Enroute Meals
The safari package excludes air ticket, personal travel insurance, visa fees, drinks, cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and any other items of a personal nature.
BEST TIME TO GO
Gorilla Viewing: Gorilla trekking can take place at any time of year with April/May and November being wetter. However, be aware that rain occurs all year round. For general game viewing safaris, the best time to go is during the dry season (between June and September).
SAFARIS & TOUR ROUTES
Rwanda Gorilla Tours
- 3 Day Rwanda Gorilla Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Cultural Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Special
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Kivu Tour
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Safari
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 6 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 7 Day Best of Rwanda Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 7 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trek & Wildlife Tour
- 11 Day Rwanda Special Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 20 Day Rwanda Complete Tour
Uganda Safari Tours
- 3 Day Kibale Chimps Tour
- 3 Day Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 4 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Private Tour
- 4 Day Gorilla Trekking & Bunyonyi Safari
- 4 Day Uganda Chimps Special
- 6 Day Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Safari
- 5 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 5 Day Chimps & Wildlife Safari
- 6 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Tour
- 7 Day Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 6 Day Primates Tour & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Highlights of Uganda Tour
- 8 Day Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Gorilla Tracking & Wildlife Safari
- 9 Day Primates – Wildlife – Source of the Nile
- 9 Day Uganda Highlights
- 9 Day Best of Uganda Safari
- 10 Day Incredible Uganda Tour
- 10 Day Mt Rwenzori Expedition – Central Circuit
- 10 Day Mt Rwenzori Expedition (Margherita)
- 11 Day Uganda Special
- 11 Day Uganda Complete Tour
- 12 Day Heart of Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 13 Day Uganda Exclusive Safari
- 14 Day Uganda Total
- 16 Day Incredible Uganda Tour
- 17 Day Best of Uganda