Trek Gorilla Safaris connects discerning travelers with top best travel agents who compete to customize your luxury trips. You get:
- Quality service at best value
- Authentic travel experiences
- Expert destination advice
Uganda Gorilla Tracking and Wildlife Safari (6 Days)
Safari Route: Kampala – Mburo – Bwindi – Queen – Kampala
Short, Precise and well planned to fit in your one week Uganda safari holiday, the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife tour safari will take you mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable forest then take you adventuring with the savannah wildlife big game in Queen Elizabeth National park and Lake Mburo National Park. This is it, this is the trip you should enquire about. It’s non expensive, accommodation, park fees, gorilla permit ($600), meals and 4×4 safari transport are all taken care of in the itinerary.
- The awesome and exciting experience of spending time with the Gorillas and watching at close range asthey feed, play and relax.
- Enjoying the scenic allure of stunning hills and lush vegetation inhabited by the elusive primates and pygmies.
- An encounter with the Batwa (former forest dwellers) for a demonstration of their former hunting and trapping techniques, and how to make ointments from native plants to cure all manner of ailments.
- An opportunity to explore the beautiful crater lakes surrounded by gentle hills and stunning views
- Enjoying game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park and a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel.
- The thrill of a game-walking safari and canoe ride at Lake Mburo National Park
- An opportunity to stand in two hemispheres at the Equator for memorable photos.
Bwindi Mountain Gorilla trekking.
Day 1: Travel to Lake Mburo
You will depart Kampala after breakfast for Lake Mburo National Park. The drive takes three to four hours with stopovers at areas of tourist attraction such as the Royal Drum makers’ center and at the Equator for an opportunity to stand in both the northern and southern hemispheres at the same time.
You will continue through the savanna grasslands dotted with human homesteads, banana plantations, and several herds of local long horned Ankole cattle endemic to this part of the country. You will have lunch at the lodge reserved for you, after which you will go for a boat trip on Lake Mburo, rich with a variety of water animals such as hippos, crocodiles, and bird species. Later in the evening you will go for an evening game drive, expect to see zebra, hippos, crocodiles, eland, antelope, impala, and a variety of birds.
Day 2: Walking Safari and transfer to Bwindi
You will after breakfast take a guided nature walk. This walk takes you to the salt lick area which offers a chance to see at least four different species of animals at any one point while they lick the salty soil. You will later transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Day 3: Gorilla tracking
Today is a whole day gorilla tracking, we carry packed lunch. Gorilla tracking depends on the movements of the gorillas in search for food. Walking varies from 20 minutes to a whole day. Note that these are mountain gorillas and therefore they live in the mountains.
The exercise therefore requires enough energy to go up and down the mountains including steep slopes. Porters are available from the surrounding community. They help to carry the bags and any heavy stuff from the visitors. Above all gorilla tracking is a very captivating activity; it involves walking in the wilderness in search of these great apes. It can be a challenging activity; therefore physical fitness must be ensured.
Day 4: Game Drive in Ishasha sector and transfer to the North of Queen Elizabeth
You will have a game drive along the way during which you will see tree climbing Lions, various Antelope species, Elephants, Hyenas, Leopards and Buffaloes.
After, then you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge of booking.
Day 5: Game Drive and Boat Cruise
We set out early in the morning for a game drive in the northern part of the park on the kasenyi, track in search of loins, elephants, and solitary buffaloes. This is the best time for opportunities of viewing the cats in action owing to the vast population of Uganda kobs. We have an excellent chance to view just about every animal here at very close range.
Return to the lodge for your breakfast, before heading out for a launch trip along the kazinga channel. This gives you the opportunity to view wildlife up close: hippos’ huff and spray at a mere feet away from the boat, buffalo linger in the shallows. The shores of the channel are also home to an array of birds including pink backed pelicans, pied and malachite kingfishers, saddle billed stork and many others. Dinner and overnight will at your lodge of booking.
Day 6: Game drive and travel to Kampala
You will wake up early and go for an early morning game drive.
The park’s diverse ecosystem of grassy plains, tropical forest, rivers, swamps, lakes and volcanic craters is home to an incredible abundance of wildlife.
You will see buffaloes, lions, elephants and other wild life in their natural habitat after which you will return to the lodge for a late breakfast and transfer to Kampala arriving late in the afternoon.
With Trek Gorilla Safaris, You can chose a package that will enable you to track chimps. Inquire now and know more.
END OF SAFARI!
The safari package includes:
- Transportation by a 4 x 4 station wagon
- Gorilla permit
- Igongo Cultural visit
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
- Two Game drives
- Boat cruise fees along the Kazinga channel
- Guided primate walk along Kyambura gorge
- Park fees
- English speaking driver/guide
- Enroute Meals
The safari package excludes air ticket, personal travel insurance, visa fees, drinks, cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and any other items of a personal nature.
BEST TIME TO GO
Gorilla Viewing: Gorilla trekking can take place at any time of year with April/May and November being wetter. However, be aware that rain occurs all year round. For general game viewing safaris, the best time to go is during the dry season (between June and September).
SAFARIS & TOUR ROUTES
Rwanda Gorilla Tours
- 3 Day Rwanda Gorilla Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Cultural Tour
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Special
- 4 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Kivu Tour
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Safari
- 5 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 6 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimps Tour
- 7 Day Best of Rwanda Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tour
- 7 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trek & Wildlife Tour
- 11 Day Rwanda Special Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda Tour
- 20 Day Rwanda Complete Tour
Uganda Safari Tours
- 3 Day Kibale Chimps Tour
- 3 Day Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 4 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Private Tour
- 4 Day Gorilla Trekking & Bunyonyi Safari
- 4 Day Uganda Chimps Special
- 6 Day Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Safari
- 5 Day Uganda Gorilla Trek & Wildlife Safari
- 5 Day Chimps & Wildlife Safari
- 5 Day Murchison Falls & Source of the Nile
- 7 Day Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 6 Day Primates Tour & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Highlights of Uganda Tour
- 8 Day Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Gorilla Tracking & Wildlife Safari
- 9 Day Primates – Wildlife – Source of the Nile
- 9 Day Uganda Highlights
- 9 Day Best of Uganda Safari
- 10 Day Incredible Uganda Tour
- 10 Day Mt Rwenzori Expedition – Central Circuit
- 10 Day Mt Rwenzori Expedition (Margherita)
- 11 Day Uganda Special
- 11 Day Uganda Complete Tour
- 12 Day Heart of Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari
- 13 Day Uganda Exclusive Safari
- 14 Day Uganda Total
- 16 Day Incredible Uganda Tour
- 17 Day Best of Uganda
Uganda – Rwanda Tours
- 4 Day Rwanda-Uganda Gorillas Tour
- 5 Day Rwanda-Uganda Gorilla Special
- 5 Day Amazing Rwanda – Uganda Gorilla Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Tour
- 7 Day Rwanda – Uganda Highlights Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Discovery Tour
- 10 Day Rwanda – Uganda Magical Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Amazing Tour
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 12 Day Best of Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Rwanda Uganda Best Tour
- 12 Day Primates & Wildlife Tour in Rwanda – Uganda
- 13 Day Uganda – Rwanda Discovery Tour
- 19 Day Best of Uganda-Rwanda Safari
- 19 Days Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 22 Day Uganda – Rwanda Great Adventure Tour