Trek Gorilla Safaris connects discerning travelers with top best travel agents who compete to customize your luxury trips. You get:
- Quality service at best value
- Authentic travel experiences
- Expert destination advice
9 Day Primates – Wildlife – Source of the Nile Adventure
Safari Route: Kampala – Kibale Forest – Queen – Bwindi Forest – Jinja – Kampala
The 9 Day Primates – Wildlife – Source of the Nile Adventure is as the title suggest. This Uganda Wildlife safari gives you a bucket list of adventures including the Primates of Uganda, Chimpanzee Tracking in Kibale Forest & Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Savanna Wildlife in Queen Elizabeth and of course the adrenaline tour in Jinja at the source of the Nile river.
- A visit to the source of the Nile River at Jinja to see the spot where the Mighty River Nile begins its 6,700 Km journey through Sudan and Egypt into the Mediterranean Sea.
- The awesome and exciting experience of spending time with the Gorillas and watching at close range asthey feed, play and relax.
- The thrill of trekking the wild but habituated chimpanzees and other primates in their natural environment
- Enjoying game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park and a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel.
- A guided nature walk in the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary for birding and primate viewing
- An encounter with the Batwa (former forest dwellers) for a demonstration of their former hunting and trapping techniques, and how to make ointments from native plants to cure all manner of ailments.
- A visit to a Batwa home to see the traditional huts used for grinding millet, cooking over an open fire and distilling local potent gin (Waragi).
- An opportunity to indulge in water sports such as white water rafting and kayaking at the world famous Bujagali & Itanda Falls along the Nile River as well as bungee jumping at the Source of the Nile
- An opportunity to stand in two hemispheres at the Equatorfor memorable photos.
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
Upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport you will be met by our primates–wildlife safari guide who will transfer you to Kampala to a hotel booked for you. In case you have had an early flight to Uganda, you will be taken on a brief tour of the city of Kampala.
Day 2: Travel to Kibale Forest National Park
You will depart Kampala after breakfast and head westwards to Fort Portal town. The drive will take about 4 -5 hours. You will have lunch in Fort Portal and continue to Kibale where you will go for either a community walk or visit the beautiful Crater lakes region for a spectacular scenic view of the beautiful landscapes. Dinner and overnight will be at your primates–wildlife reserved lodge.
Day 3: Chimp tracking and nature walk in Kibale Forest
After breakfast on the third day of the primates–wildlife safari, you will report at the Kanyanchu Tourist Centre at 08.00 am for a briefing on the rules before tracking the chimpanzees. The trek for the chimps takes 2-3 hours and it will provide you with the opportunity to also see a variety of other primates and animals as well as birds, and various species of butterflies and insects. You will return to the lodge for lunch and in the afternoon go for a nature walk in the Bigodi Wetland to see a variety of birds and monkey species. You will have dinner and overnight at your lodge.
Day 4: Boat cruise on Kazinga channel
After your morning breakfast, you will travel to Queen Elizabeth National Park where you will arrive in the early afternoon hours. You will have lunch and later go for a 2-hour boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. The 42km channel joins Lake Edward and Lake George. The boat trip passes through possibly the highest concentration of hippos and offers an excellent opportunity for photography, bird watching and game viewing. The prolific bird life is colorful, with well over 550 resident species. Dinner and overnight will be spent at your reserved lodge.
Day 5: Morning Game Drive in the Northern Part of Queen Elizabeth National Park
After your morning breakfast, you will have an early morning Game drive where you will see the lion, leopard, giant forest hog, Cape buffalo, elephant, defassa waterbuck, Uganda Kob, topi and bushbuck among others. Later in the afternoon after lunch, you will go for an evening game drive. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge of booking.
Day 6: Game Drive in Ishasha sector and Transfer to Bwindi
You will have an early breakfast and go for a morning game drive in Ishasha sector in search for the tree climbing lions. Expect to see other animal species such as the warthogs, leopard, spotted hyena and birds. We will visit the Uganda kob mating ground which is a defined area specifically used by kobs for challenging, enticing and mating adult rams defend a circle territory (30meters diameter) and depending on the season the mating ground can have 20 and more of these small. After, then you will transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable forest. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge of booking.
Day 7: Gorilla Trekking (Bwindi Impenetrable NP), and Batwa Experience
Today enjoy surely. After breakfast, proceed for the morning briefing before enjoying the highlight of the trip- Gorilla trekking, which may last the entire day. We trek through the rainforest and bamboo covered slopes, accompanied by a guide and trackers, in search of a mountain gorilla family. The walking can sometimes be tough and long, but when you catch a glimpse of the magnificent silverback, any discomforts will be quickly forgotten. When sighted, visitors will be guided to within 6 metres from the gorillas, sit around them for a whole hour while gazing into their big round eyes. Gorilla trekking is unpredictable. It’s difficult to foresee how many hours you will hike. The gorilla excursion can take from 2 up to 8 hours. Expect to walk along distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas. A good physical condition is recommended. For conservation purposes, time spent with the gorillas is limited to one hour. A ranger will brief you on how to behave with the gorillas. Time allowing you will go for a guided community walk to experience the livelihoods of the local communities. As planned, you take on the gorilla trekking Bwindi route to visit a traditional herbalist to see how he prepares native medicine to treat a wide array of human ailments, see a black smith manufacturing local tools used in everyday life and see how local beer is brewed using local methods. You will also be entertained by the traditional dances offered by the community. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge of booking.
Day 8: Transfer to Jinja
We leave early in the morning and head to Jinja to visit the source of the Nile and slow down our last days of the primates–wildlife safari. Enroute, you will have a stopover at the Equator where you will have the remarkable opportunity of standing in two hemispheres at the same time and take some photos. You will arrive in the late afternoon and relax at the hotel of your booking till dinner and overnight.
Day 9: Adventure on the Nile and transfer to Kampala.
You will after breakfast visit the source of the Nile River and to take part in the popular adventurous activities in the nearby Bujagali falls. You will have the option to go rafting, jet boating, horse riding, mountain biking, quad biking or bungee jumping. You will there after drive back to Kampala arriving in the evening in time for your late Entebbe departure flights or retire to a hotel of your booking for a well-deserved rest.
END OF SAFARI!
With Trek Gorilla Safaris, You can chose a package that will enable you to track chimps. Inquire now and know more.
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Discovery Tour
- 10 Day Rwanda – Uganda Magical Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 12 Day Best of Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Primates & Wildlife Tour in Rwanda – Uganda
- 13 Day Uganda – Rwanda Discovery Tour
- 19 Day Best of Uganda-Rwanda Safari
- 19 Days Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 22 Day Uganda – Rwanda Great Adventure Tour
Check these packages too tailored to offer you the best chimp tracking experience;
The safari package includes:
- Transportation by a 4wd safari vehicle
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
- Chimp permits
- Boat trip in Queen
- One Gorilla permits per person to be secured and paid for in advance
- Park fees
- Primate walk in Kibale
- Game drives
- Services of an English speaking Driver/guide
The safari package excludes air ticket, personal travel insurance, visa fees, drinks, cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and any other items of a personal nature.
BEST TIME TO GO
Gorilla Viewing: Gorilla trekking can take place at any time of year with April/May and November being wetter. However, be aware that rain occurs all year round. For general game viewing safaris, the best time to go is during the dry season (between June and September).