Trek Gorilla Safaris connects discerning travelers with top best travel agents who compete to customize your luxury trips. You get:
- Quality service at best value
- Authentic travel experiences
- Expert destination advice
9 Day Rwanda Uganda, Go Gorilla tracking and Wildlife Discovery tour
- Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla tracking
- Day 3: Visit to Dian Fossey memorial and transfer to Bwindi
- Day 4: Golden Monkey tracking, Cultural tour Experience and transfer to Bwindi
- Day 5: Go Gorilla tracking in Bwindi National Park and Visit Batwa people
- Day 6: Drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Game drive in Ishasha sector and Boat Cruise in Queen Elizabeth
- Day 7: Game drive – Chimpanzee Tracking in Kyambura Gorge and Transfer to Kibale
- Day 8: Chimp tracking and Bigodi Swamp Walk
- Day 9: Drive to Kampala or Kigali
The safari package includes:
- Transportation in a land cruiser/super custom with pop up roof
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- English speaking driver/guide
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Park entrance fees
- 2 Gorilla trekking permits
- Genocide memorial visit
The safari package excludes air ticket, personal travel insurance, visa fees, drinks, cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and any other items of a personal nature.
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
On arrival at the airport your will be met by our safari guide who will drive you straight to the Volcanoes National Park. Time allowing you will go for a nature walk before retiring to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla tracking
You will, after an early breakfast, assemble at the Park headquarters for briefing at 8:30am about the rules on Gorilla tracking. You will be allocated a Gorilla family to track and guides to lead you to the Gorillas. The tracking experience will be a 2-5 hour exercise after which you will return to the lodge for lunch. You will later in the afternoon go for a nature walk before retiring to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Visit to Dian Fossey memorial and transfer to Bwindi
You will have breakfast and then hike to Karisoke Research Centre established by Dian Fossey, an American primatologist who dedicated all her life conserving the primates. You will after being taken around this remarkable centre cross over to Bwindi impenetrable Forest National Park in Uganda.
Day 4: Golden Monkey tracking, Cultural tour Experience and transfer to Bwindi
You will have breakfast; you will go for golden monkey tracking in Volcanoes National Park. You will assemble at the Park head quarter for a briefing on the Golden monkey tracking rules before going out to track them in the forest. You will after tracking go to visit the different cultures around the Parc Volcanoes to learn about their life and culture. You will after cross over to Bwindi impenetrable Forest National Park in Uganda.
Day 5: Go Gorilla tracking in Bwindi National Park and Visit Batwa people
You will have an early breakfast and be driven to the Park Headquarters for a briefing about the Gorilla tracking rules after which you will set off with trained guides to search for them in the very thick forest. Coming across the gorillas may take 2 – 8 hours and you have one hour to stay with them once found. You will have a picnic lunch and after some resting go for an optional community walk among the Batwa people who used to live in the Bwindi forest before it was gazetted as a National Park to learn about their life and culture as forest people.
Day 6: Drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Game drive in Ishasha sector and Boat Cruise in Queen Elizabeth
After breakfast, you will be driven to Queen Elizabeth National Park through the Ishasha sector with a game drive in search for the tree climbing lions, other animals and several bird species. You will have lunch and later go for the afternoon boat cruise on Kazinga Channel. While on boat cruise, look out for crocodiles, hippos, buffalos, elephants and various bird species. You will have dinner and overnight at the lodge of your booking.
Day 7: Game drive – Chimpanzee Tracking in Kyambura Gorge and Transfer to Kibale
You will have an early breakfast and later leave for the morning game drive to catch up with the early predators before they go in their habitats to hide. Look out for lions, hyenas, bushbucks and elephants among others. You will return to the lodge for lunch and later leave for Chimpanzee tracking in the Kyambura Gorge. You will return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Chimp tracking and Bigodi Swamp Walk
After breakfast you will report at the Kanyanchu Tourist Centre at 08.00 am for a briefing before tracking the chimpanzees. The forest is only accessible on foot and the walk will provide you with the opportunity to also see a variety of other primates and animals as well as birds, and a variety of butterflies, and other insects. You will return to the lodge for lunch and in the afternoon go for a nature walk in the Bigodi Wetland to see a variety of birds and monkey species. You will have dinner and overnight at your lodge.
Day 9: Drive to Kampala or Kigali
After breakfast you will be driven to either Kigali or Kampala with stopovers enroute to enjoy the scenery of green covered landscapes, tea and banana plantations. You will also see big herds of unique long-horned cattle and have opportunity to do some shopping for souvenir crafts before catching your international flight.
With Trek Gorilla Safaris, You can chose a package that will enable you to track chimps. Inquire now and know more.
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Discovery Tour
- 10 Day Rwanda – Uganda Magical Tour
- 9 Day Rwanda – Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
- 10 Day Uganda – Rwanda Highlights Tour
- 12 Day Best of Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 13 Day Incredible Rwanda – Uganda Tour
- 12 Day Primates & Wildlife Tour in Rwanda – Uganda
- 13 Day Uganda – Rwanda Discovery Tour
- 19 Day Best of Uganda-Rwanda Safari
- 19 Days Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- 22 Day Uganda – Rwanda Great Adventure Tour
Check these packages too tailored to offer you the best chimp tracking experience;
- 12 Day Uganda Rwanda African Group Tour
- Group Tours in December
- 18 Day Animated Gorillas Wildlife Safaris
- 4 Days Gorilla Tracking Bwindi Chimps Kibale
- 6 days Chimps Trek and Gorilla Tracking at Queen Elizabeth
- 13 Day Uganda Safari, Gorillas, Monkeys, Chimps and Wildlife